Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - Antenna loops not conneted
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Antenna loops not conneted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dag732
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Antenna loops not conneted Reply with quote

I have been getting terrible TV reception with rabbit ears and just bought a movable antenna and donít understand parts of it.
There are 7 aluminum loops -
One large loop has two aluminum strips connected to it.
One smaller loop has two aluminum strips connected to it.
My question has to do with the 5 even smaller loops - they are not connected to anything and are insulated by plastic from the aluminum rod running the length of the antenna.
Since these 5 loops are not connected to anything can I take them off of the antenna and throw them away ?
S^3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: No you shouldn't Reply with quote

I assume you have something similar to

-YAAOSweW5VcnL~" target="_blank">http://www.ebay.com/itm/150MILES-OUTDOOR-TV-ANTENNA-MOTORIZED-AMPLIFIED-HDTV-HIGH-GAIN-36dB-UHF-VHF-/110940583801?hash=item19d492f779:gMad-YAAOSweW5VcnL~

Anyway whatever antenna it is .. ALL COMPONENTS ARE NECESSARY .. whether connected by wire or not

So you can't take them off or even disturb their position.
dag732

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks your for your help. I'll do as you said.
What I did not tell you (I forgot) is The large loop is labeled in the instructions as VHF and the smaller loop is labeled as UHF. The other loops are not labeled at all and since they are not connected to anything I thought that if I threw them away I would shorten the antenna and make it lighter.
Again - Thank You.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: