Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - differential vs single-ended feeding of antennas
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

differential vs single-ended feeding of antennas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josephschiller
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: differential vs single-ended feeding of antennas Reply with quote

hello, my question is about differential vs single-ended feeding of antennas. what are their pros and cons and their applications? I just want to get an idea of it. Anyone with the know-how kindly explain me? Confused
coundpake
Antenna Theory Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually a single-ended fed antenna uses the system ground as the return path. This can affect the radio by introducing unwanted signals from the rest of the system (desense) and make the radio more sensitive to noise. Also, controlling the return/ground path in a complex system (like a cell phone) can be difficult because currents will be induced on other components (camera, speaker, MLB, etc.).

Differential lines on the other hand are usually dedicated to the antenna and are less sensitive to noise and can be shielded from outside influences. However they require more complex transmission lines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: