Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - CST Genetic Algorithm Optimizer - Setting
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CST Genetic Algorithm Optimizer - Setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winson
Antenna Theory Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: CST Genetic Algorithm Optimizer - Setting Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm now using the CST genetic algorithm optimizer to optimize the gain of my antenna, total 16 parameters is involve in optimization.

I'm having problem on putting value on the slots for the setting window like the population size, max number of iterations, mutation rate and other setting, so what is the value that i should key in? Or just keep the default setting?

Anybody can give me some suggestion?

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no correct way to use a genetic optimization algorithm. The optimal parameters are unknown, and actually, the "right" parameters depend entirely on the specific problem.

So the right way to do this, is start with the default values, and adjust them as you see fit. The tradeoffs typically are convergence time versus how thoroughly you search the parameter space.

If you want to learn what each parameter does, look it up online or check the help files to understand what they do. Genetic optimization is not a science - and the results are not guaranteed in any way to be globally optimal. But it is a tool that can be used to improve results - so just try it and see what happens.
winson
Antenna Theory Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply.
Yes, you are correct. Appreciate your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: