Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - how measure power absorbed by an object in HFSS or FEKO?
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how measure power absorbed by an object in HFSS or FEKO?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kae_jolie
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: how measure power absorbed by an object in HFSS or FEKO? Reply with quote

power absorbed = power transmitted by tx antenna - power received by rx antenna

If I have two antennas, one tx and one rx, and have an object between them, how can I measure the power transmitted by tx antenna and power received by rx antenna in HFSS?

Thanks.
bigSteve
Antenna Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine you could get the power received by the second antenna by requesting S12 - the power delivered from port 1 to port 2.

As for power radiated by antenna 1, you can look at S11, and assuming you have a lossless antenna, figure it out from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: