Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - need guidance for designing a triangular patch antenna
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need guidance for designing a triangular patch antenna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geetanjali Ratnu
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: need guidance for designing a triangular patch antenna Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
Joined antenna-theory.com today only. A very knowledgeable site. I am new in the field of antenna designing and have started some research work related to different shapes of patch antenna.

Can anyone please tell me the mathematical formulas for designing a triangular patch antenna at 2.4 GHz using HFSS and IE3D.

Please do guide me.

Looking forward for an early response and thanking in anticipation.

Regards,
Geetanjali Ratnu.
bigSteve
Antenna Wizard

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty simple - just make the longest dimension of the triangle a half-wavelength at the frequency you want it to radiate at. Then move the feed around to get the impedance right
Geetanjali Ratnu
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bigSteve"]It's pretty simple - just make the longest dimension of the triangle a half-wavelength at the frequency you want it to radiate at. Then move the feed around to get the impedance right

Thank you, Sir, actually I wish to design an isoceles triangle, an equilateral triangle and a right angle isoceles triangle. So I am having doubt that how make specific angle in the triangle? The software that I am using is HFSS and IE3D. I hope you know that in HFSS the tool for drawing a triangle is not provided so what we ought to do is that first make a rectangular patch antenna n then cut it into triangle shape. So I am not able to make out as to how to cut it at specific angle i.e. at 90 or 30 or 60 degree.

I hope you have now understood my problem. Sir, please do guide me, I am doing my thesis work and am a M. Tech. student. Actually I am new on HFSS and from yesterday only I have started working on HFSS. n I designed a simple dipole just with aim of getting acquainted with the HFSS environment.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards,
Geetanjali Ratnu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: