Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - Pong Products - A SAR Reducing Method for Your Mobile Phone
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pong Products - A SAR Reducing Method for Your Mobile Phone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Pong Products - A SAR Reducing Method for Your Mobile Phone Reply with quote

The morons at Pong Products have released a product that "is the only solution proven to lower SAR by FCC certified laboratories"....

Recall that SAR is a measure of absorption in your body of RF/microwave energy due to handheld consumer electronics devices (i.e. phones).
http://www.antenna-theory.com/definitions/sar.php

Why do I call them morons?

Their product works - I have no doubt of that. But they claim they are doing something intelligent, and even weave in some metal on the rear of their case to make it seem like they are doing something.

I can assure you that metal does nothing to help the SAR. So how does it work?

During a SAR measurement, the phone is placed directly on a tub of fluid, shaped to look like the left or right side of the human head. A probe then measures the SAR value while the phone is transmitting max power.

If the phone is moved, even a millimeter away from the tub surface, the SAR is significantly dropped. So in reality, the case in question (and all cases that claim to do the same thing) are simply introducing a non-metallic buffer between the phone and the measuring surface. This buffer lowers the SAR.

You can get the exact same results by holding the phone a millimeter farther from your head, or using any available case that has some thickness to it.

The morons at pong are simply exploiting people's ignorance and trying to make a quick buck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: