Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - in
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btb4198
Antenna Theory Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: in Reply with quote

How can I increase the gain in an antenna?

I am working with the ANT-WSB-ANF-09 with a gain of 9 dbi. I want to increase to 15 dbi, is there any way?
R. Fry
Antenna Theory Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: in Reply with quote

btb4198 wrote:
How can I increase the gain in an antenna?

It is unlikely that this can be done without major re-design of the antenna, and careful measurement/proof of the change in gain in the directions important to you.

If for a given rx system sensitivity and path loss you need more radiated power than provided by the power you can supply to the feedpoint of the ANT-WSB-ANF-09 antenna you referred to, then you have two practical choices (or combinations of same netting the same result):

1) Use a different transmit antenna with the gain required to radiate the ERP needed in the direction(s) you want to serve, with the power you can supply to its input terminals.

2) Apply sufficient, matched power to the feedpoint of whatever transmit antenna you use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: