Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - metamaterial
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

metamaterial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nurul
Antenna Theory Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: metamaterial Reply with quote

Hello,

I found an article in the internet that says a newer way to make miniaturized antenna is to use metamaterial. what is this and how can this further minimize an antenna?

when i google - i found something like negative material. can material be negative?

thanks a lot.

Nurul
bigSteve
Antenna Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe material probably just uses some odd structure to simulate a high permittivity (dielectric constant) at some frequency. This will reduce the size of the antenna (and also the bandwidth). It's not new, these claims come out all the time. I'm not sure whether or not metamaterials are used in the real world.

Negative material means that at a certain frequency, the permittivity and permeability are simultaneously negative - this makes for a negative index of refraction. This has been around for about 10 years, and again I'm not sure if it is out of the scientific literature and into application yet.
kirtibajaj
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI....i am a research scholar working on metamaterials....i am using cadfeko for its implementation....anybody of same interest???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: