Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - software to simulate an antenna
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

software to simulate an antenna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btb4198
Antenna Theory Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: software to simulate an antenna Reply with quote

is there any software to simulate how an antenna circuit would work ? like pspice or something ? Would Pspice tell me how a signal would work with an antenna or is there a better program to do simulation?
wolberine
Antenna Theory Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you from Ann Arbor by any chance?

There are free field equation solvers like HFSS or CST Microwave Studio. I myself haven't spent too much time using these simulators, but I believe certain software packages allow you to simulate different parts of your RF circuitry and then import this data into an antenna simulator. The antenna simulator will be excited by the impulse produced by your previous circuitry.

I believe there are some RF design capabilities in PSpice that let you analyze your an RF circuit (mixer, amplifier, balun, filters, etc...) with given parameters (S, ABCD, Z, Y, etc...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: