Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - Bow Tie Antenna Bandwidth
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bow Tie Antenna Bandwidth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CSTUser
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Bow Tie Antenna Bandwidth Reply with quote

Dear professionals;

I am a beginner level CST User and I am trying to design bow tie antenna for THz region. After investigating related articles and simulation methods i decided to use two ports and solve my structure with frequency solver method in CST. One of the main aim of the design antenna was that it must have a resonance at predetermined frequency. The lowest reflectance at resonance frequency is also important because structure has to absorb more power at resonance frequency.

My result was interesting because I got narrow bandwidth at resonance frequency. Many antenna books (such as Stutzmann's) mentioned that bow tie antennas show broadband behavior.

Is it normal or am I making a mistake somewhere?

My simulation details

Ports: Two ports
Radiation direction and polarization: Radiation comes onto antenna vertically and 90 degrees polarization was performed
boundary conditions: unit cell was used
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: