Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - 2D pattern in slot antenna by HFSS got problems
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2D pattern in slot antenna by HFSS got problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
settpjay
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: 2D pattern in slot antenna by HFSS got problems Reply with quote

hi , i just read the antenna theory about slot antenna just
and i had some questions.
accroding to the text book, slot antenna and dipole antenna
are complementary.

if there is infinite metal sheet on the XZ plane and slot is located at Z axis, then the omni-direction will be in XY plane and null show in yz plane.

but these result are based on slot in infinite ground plane.
so if the ground is finite plane, what would the 2D pattern become
in each plane.

and then i did a simple simulation in HFSS using HFSS design kit to build the model.
the target freq is 0.95GHz and metel sheet is on XY plane,
slot located on Y axis

the S11 and smith chart is good

so I simulatate the 2D pattern for slot antenna for single freq point at 0.95GHz
but I found something wrong in my 2D pattern

accroding to the theory in textbook, the Omni-direction pattern should appear at XZ plane, null at YZ plane in my simulation.
but my simulation result show that Omni-direction pattern should appear at YZ plane, null at XZ plane in my simulation.
It is totally different from the theory. what happen to my simulation? thank you
helix
Antenna Theory Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of your trouble has to do with the coordinate system you're calculating far fields in. It's easiest if you define a new coordinate system for the far field calculation whose z axis is aligned with the slot. If you post those results it will be easier to tell if you are having another possible problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: