Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - TV Antenna
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV Antenna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigSteve
Antenna Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: TV Antenna Reply with quote

I'm trying to locate the schematic for a TV antenna that I can make on my own. The antenna that is supposed to receive the analog signal doesn't really work 100%. I tried the rabbit ears and then the smart antenna. Can you help me? I appreciate your time.
Thank you.
Steve
pete463251
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Television Antennas Reply with quote

Well, unfortunately for TV antennas the rabbit ears are about as good as you can do. The amplifying antennas you can buy at radio shack don't help much, and often just introduce more noise into your television. If you have the antenna in your room, obviously the best solution is to get the antenna on the roof if that is possible. If not, then the only option is to move the antenna around and try to capture the best signal, which will probably require you to move it depending on the seasons and what-not. If you want to get creative, you can wrap the rabbit ears in tin foil, making the antenna fatter and thus having a large bandwidth. From there, you can try placing aluminum foil around the antenna to simulate a ground plane, which may or may not help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: