Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - Help on Ansoft Designer/HFSS and MATLAB
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help on Ansoft Designer/HFSS and MATLAB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blerman13
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Help on Ansoft Designer/HFSS and MATLAB Reply with quote

Hi, all
Iím interested to learn quite well the Ansoft Designer and Ansoft HFSS. My problem is that I cannot find any tutorials step-by-step so I can learn both of the brilliant software tools very-very good. Another problem which I have got is that my company does not provide training or to request training with these tools. So everything I have to learn on my own, but for companyís benefit. To be more accurate, my supervisor gave me some numbers on Excel spreadsheet which are creating one helical antenna as shown the Figure 1 below on the EZNEC.

Figure 1

He told me to rotate this antenna by 45 degrees. Initially the plan is to have two of those antennas to be perpendicular on the horizontal plane on a rectangular shape panel. In the same position as they are, rotate them by 45 degrees from the horizontal plane and between them must have an angle of 90 degrees, as shown on the Figure 2 below. Assuming that the points A and B are the two helical antennas.

Figure 2.

My question is simple. How I will do all of this using HFSS?? Assuming that I have already drew one antenna by 90 degrees as shown in Figure1.
My last question is how I will learn and do the same thing in MATLAB as in Ansoft HFSS, assuming that I have already drawn a helix somehow as you see in Figure 3. Iím looking for a script which will do this job

Figure 3

Than you very much for your time

PS: Unfortunately i cannot upload the relavent file
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: sorry man Reply with quote

I don't currently have a copy of HFSS to write up a tutorial on it.

However, the way I learned HFSS and FEKO is simply to mess around with the tools. Start by analyzing a simple dipole antenna so that you understand the basic steps in setting up a simulation. Then, in conjunction with the HFSS user manual, play around with it until you become familiar.

Rotating objects should be pretty simple. I can't remember but I imagine they have a button to rotate any geometry you have.
blerman13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Admin,
I have just send you an email which explains more. Thank you very mich for your time
ruchak

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: re: antenna simulation HFSS Reply with quote

hi blerman13, is your problem solved?
and the excel sheet provided might include the helix parameters. can you share that file as i am doing my Masters project in tht field.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: