Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - i have found a new kind of antenna suggest what to do ?
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i have found a new kind of antenna suggest what to do ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dextertec
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: i have found a new kind of antenna suggest what to do ? Reply with quote

i wanted an antenna for 900 MHz evdo signal boosting purpose,

i did lots of research considered patch antenna, horn antenna, and yagi antenna, since yagi was easy to make so i made one which boosted my signal to good extent.

but while researching for antenna and choosing most suitable for my circumstances thought of diffrent aproach came to my mind so i gave it a try and made a roughf prototype, ti was a pleasent surprise for me whne it outperformed the 5 element carefully crafted yagi antenna 5 folds.

i am sure that i have found a new kind of antenna which is extremely direction and effective in catching the electromegnetic waves.

can someone please guide me to some authority, forum, organization, or university doing work in antenna. so that i can share this discovery with world.

I have been working with antennas since i was 15 when i used to fix VHF antenna for TV signals and then , dish antenna in my twenties, now am in thirties and more into computers but antenna has been with me for 20 years.

please keep in mind i will not disclose specific details for patent reasons. and only disclose after being assured about patent implications. I don't much care about money of patent, only since it is mine it should be in my name.

i spoke to a lawyer about patents here in Pakistan where i live and he told me about trade marks, from which i realize it wont be possible here in Pakistan,

what appears to me is same what YAGI did with his antenna, he gave a demonstration and presentation about yagi antenna in USA, i think i shall give some presentation to electronics department students and professors in some university , and if my design is good then we can discuss further research in it in that university,

i will check this forum for suggestions and if i get some good suggestion we can discuss it over phone. or Skype.

waiting for suggestion is dextertec

Last edited by dextertec on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigSteve
Antenna Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dextertec,

If you are interested in getting your name associated with a new antenna type, the best route would be to publish it in the IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. You can write it up, show passive data (s11, vswr, smith chart) and efficiency versus frequency (i.e. bandwidth) to show how the antenna performs (in addition to polarization). If you have all this and a decent theory you shouldn't have much trouble getting it published.

If you are interested in making money off of it, you have to go the patent route. This is pretty expensive, and patent offices are typically incompetent, so it will take a couple years (although you can get a provisional patent that will last in the meantime).

Anyway, good luck
dextertec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: thanks for reply it definately helped Reply with quote

thanks bigsteve

you suggestion is worthy and i will definately check it out.

i am not at all intrested in money, i am a happy go lucky person, content with whatever i have, money is important but not my objective,

but yes i want it to be on my name since i have discovered it, i will try to fulfull all requirements, but as i mentioned it just came to my mind and i gave it a try and it worked wonderfully. but i dont have resources to further do tests in ideal situation.

but still i will try to do my best, i am still concerned what if i disclose it to IEEE is it safe there with IEEE i mean if someone later makes any false claim or patent for it can IEEE be sufficient to authenticate my claim.

you said right about incompetency of patent offices i dont have much faith in them either.

i will let you know when i have checked IEEE

thanks a lot i really apriciate the suggestion.
dextertec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just visited IEEE website and it looks this is best route truly since if i get my publication then the possibility of patent can follow and possibility of further university funded reserch can also follow.

since i am not much familiar with publication process i will try to first read a few already published by IEEE to familirize my self with the format of publications,

then i will submit my antenna desighn and theory, on that format.

i will keep writing here about the process and welcome any suggestions

i hope my discovery is safe in hands of IEEE after i disclose it to them.
dextertec

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PROGRESS
------------

FOR last three days i have been reserching options and thinking constantly.

1= PATENT i checked the website of patent office, they want 2500 for filing patent and 3000 more for granting initial 4 years then 3000 each sucssevie year till 20 years after which it will be public. if i can prepare sufficient technical data with my unsufficient resources this is best since it will be my patent and i can later allow general public to use it free for personal use, and off course for comercial purpose a little royality is very helpfull which will further boost my ability to do more and more reserch, establish my labortary, and purchase supplies for my further experiments. i will make sure to allow all people permission for personal use.

2= IEEE option is excellent, but they need very technicaly sound extensive data which is only possible through well established labs analysis, bing working from home equiped with only electronics workbench, having basic tools like multimeter , solder, drill, computer and internet for reserch, it is goint to take lots of time and hardwork to provide all the data,

3 = YOUTUBE . i will make a video about the new antenna how to make it how it works, its theory and principal, and comparasion with yagi udda antenna, and upload it on youtube, this will effectively bring it in public domain since from patent law point of view anything previously known to public prior to filing date can not be patented, this will void any false claims by any thief. it will effectively even void me the rightfull inventer from claiming patent since i myslef made it public on youtube by posting video of how to make it,

since three days i am all the time considering all the pros and cons of all options, at end i will go by one which ever is most easier for me.

any further suggestion will definately make me better decision.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: