Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - Need magnetic loop antenna theory references.
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need magnetic loop antenna theory references.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miner_tom
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Need magnetic loop antenna theory references. Reply with quote

Hi to the forum,

I have several books concerning antenna theory but they mostly deal with electric dipoles. I have not seen much theory concerning the operation of what are referred to "magnetic" loop antennas. Please recommend references.

Thank You
Tom
Ke6EXT
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What specifically are you looking for?

Magnetic dipoles are typically loop antenna that are much smaller than a wavelength. They are inefficient and horizontally polarized. Basically their fields are similar to a short dipole, with the polarization swapped and near fields that are more strongly H- than E-. Hence they look like small dipoles with E- and H- swapped.

They have low gain, low directivity, and the pattern looks similar to a diploe antenna. There are a lot of complicated equations (just look up the ones for short dipole) and you'll get an idea.
miner_tom
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Thank you for the reply Reply with quote

Your reply was short and of a general nature but that is what I was looking for to start off with. Now I can dig though all of the math but with a perspective on what was important to me.

Regards
Tom
R. Fry
Antenna Theory Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to note that the electric and magnetic radiation existing in the far field of a transmit antenna always have the same relationship to each other -- regardless of the antenna configuration that produced them (e.g., dipole or loop).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: