Antenna - Theory .com: The Antenna Site

Antenna Basics Antenna Types Smith Charts Antenna Measurements

antenna-theory.com :: View topic - Antenna Probigation
antenna-theory.com Forum Index antenna-theory.com
Antenna Theory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Antenna Probigation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigsgt
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Antenna Probigation Reply with quote

My question is this. I have to mount mobile mag antennas inside a building. But. The roofs are metal. I beleive that there might be some interference due to this. These are for mobile base stations. I know if they (the antennas) were mounted on top of the roof you can use the roof as a ground plain. Freq. 380-400 Mhz.
pete463251
Antenna-Theory.com Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Propagation Reply with quote

I'm not sure what a mag antenna is.

However, if you are mounting antennas indoors, you will always get a lot of reflections off the wall, ceilings, floor, room objects, etc... So the roof won't be a huge problem (you could use the roof as aground plane if you mounted the antenna upside down on the roof, but you probably don't need to do that).

If you can get unobstructed line-of-site between your two communication systems, you will probably get decent communication. Otherwise you might have to move the antennas around till it works.

See
http://www.antenna-theory.com/definitions/multipath.php
http://www.antenna-theory.com/arrays/diversity.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antenna-theory.com Forum Index -> Questions Related to Antenna Theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: